Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Food Vendor Guidelines
July 21 - Application Deadline.
July 28 - Acceptance notifications emailed.
Aug 18 - Booth Fee Due – Full payment is required to reserve a booth. Once you confirm your reservation with payment, it becomes non-refundable (no exceptions).
Sept 1 - Notification Packet (Space Assignments, Parking, and Set-up/Take-Down Info) emailed to confirmed Food Vendors.
Sept 1 - Deadline for vendors to submit Health Permit Application directly to the Health Department.
Sept 23 - Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, Zuanich Point Park & Squalicum Harbor (11 a.m – 6 p.m.)
Application Deadline: You must submit a completed Application by July 21, 2017. Apply online here.
- $150 up to 25’ space + 5% of sales
- Festival Attendees will purchase Tickets at a Central Ticket Booth staffed by Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management. One ticket = $1.00.
- You may only sell food in exchange for tickets. No cash or credit cards will change hands within the Food Booth. At the end of the festival, tickets must be turned into the Bellingham SeaFeast Staff.
- Bellingham SeaFeast Staff will record the number of tickets for each Food Vendor, deduct 5% of gross sales, and pay the Food Vendor for the remaining tickets.
- Food Vendor is responsible for paying State Tax.
Booth Technical Information
- Vendor space must contain entire set-up (side awnings, walkways, trailer tongue, lawn chairs, etc.)
- You must submit in writing any requested changes on technical requirements to Info@BellinghamSeaFeast.com by August 18 for approval by the SeaFeast Management Team.
Insurance - Because we need to comply with our insurance vendor’s mandate for the Food Vendors to provide a Certificate of Insurance (additional insured endorsement), we have created Two Options for you to comply with this requirement. After reading the information below, your Two Options are:
- You may secure your own Certificate of Insurance from your own Insurance Provider. Some food vendors have this as regular practice.
- We have arranged for a Group Vendor Online Insurance Program. Once you’re approved as a Food Vendor for SeaFeast 2017, we’ll send you the link to register and pay. The cost is $42 if you use this option.
Information about Certificate of Insurance (additional insured endorsement):
- VENDOR must procure and maintain for the duration of Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 (including setup and breakdown) insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property that arise from or in connection with the performance of the work hereunder by the VENDOR, their agents, representatives, employees, or subcontractors. VENDOR’S maintenance of insurance as required by the agreement will not limit the liability of the VENDOR to the coverage provided by such insurance, or otherwise limit the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM’s recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity. Insurance must be placed with insurers that have a current A.M. Best rating of not less than A:VII. Any payment of deductible or self-insured retention is the sole responsibility of the VENDOR.
- The VENDOR must provide a Certificate of Insurance and additional insured endorsement page(s) evidencing Commercial General Liability insurance written on an ISO occurrence basis form CG 00 01.
- Vendor must cover liability arising from premises, operations, property damage, independent contractors and personal injury and advertising injury, with limits no less than $1 million combined single limit per occurrence and $2 million aggregate.
- The BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM, and their officers, volunteers and agents must be named as an additional insured on the insurance policy, as respects actions performed by or on behalf of the VENDOR.
- A copy of the endorsement naming the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM as additional insured must be attached to the original Certificate of Insurance and provided to the Bellingham SeaFeast Management Committee no later than August 18, 2017. The Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management Committee reserves the right to request certified copies of any required insurance policies.
- The VENDOR’S insurance must contain a clause stating that coverage must apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, within the limits of the insurer’s liability. The VENDOR’S insurance must be primary insurance with respect to the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM; all must receive thirty (30) days prior written notice of any cancellation, suspension or material change in coverage.
Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 is designated as a Toward Zero Waste (TZW) event. Please read the attached TZW Agreement. Food Vendors are required to provide compostable ware for serving food. We will send details in the Notification Packet emailed Sept. 1.
Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 expects attendance of 7,000 - 10,000. We expect you to plan accordingly to accommodate this number of attendees between 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Electric power hookups are very limited and require an additional fee.
- We discourage the use of personal power sources, such as generators. If you require power we encourage silent generators.
- Remember to check the Power Needs section on your application form.
- Power source fee is due by Aug. 18 (deadline for your booth reservation payment).
- Vendor must provide:
- Tent or Truck/Trailer
- We require “Pop-up” style or similar in good condition. Absolutely no tarps or make-shift tents acceptable.
- No staking allowed. The Port of Bellingham recommends water weights. Tethering is essential due to possible winds on the harbor.
- Tables, chairs, dollies, etc. to set up/tear down and to display goods.
- Trash Containers – including at least one inside the booth (see TZW information details).
- Water: Fill-up water is available inside The Boathouse. Each food booth must be self-contained and have a water sanitation station, as required by the Whatcom County Health Department.
- Tent or Truck/Trailer
Fire & Booth Maintenance
- Have a working Fire Extinguisher (Class K) with a minimum capacity of 5 pounds. Halon or water types unacceptable.
- Maintain a clean booth area, free of debris, throughout the event.
- Provide a trash can and a recyclable can for inside the booth and for disposing of all trash & recyclables (see TZW Guidelines on our website and in email Sept. 1.)
- Pay a $100 booth cleanup penalty fee if booth area is not left clean at the end of Bellingham SeaFeast 2017.
Health Permits & Regulations
- Vendor must have appropriate Whatcom County Department of Public Health permits. All food vendors must obtain a temporary food service permit. The type of food you prepare determines the type of permit you need. See http://wa-whatcomcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/5193
- Also, applicants must have a Food Handler’s Permit and each booth must have one person with a permit present at all times. Call the Whatcom County Health Department (360-778-6000) for complete details. Your booth cannot open without complying on all health regulations requirements and holding the proper permits.
Hours of Operation
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 runs from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. All Vendors must be open during this time, Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Booths must close promptly at 6 p.m.
- If you need to close before 6 p.m., you must wait until the event closes to begin taking down the booth. No vehicles and trailers will be allowed in the food court area after 10:30 a.m. and after set-up until 6:10 p.m.
- Specifics regarding set-up times, parking for vendor vehicles, takedown, etc., will be emailed Sept. 1 as part of the Booth Assignment Packet.
Indemnity and Waiver
The APPLICANT must indemnify and hold Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, PORT OF BELLINGHAM and their agents, employees and/or officers, harmless from, and must process and defend at its own expense, any and all claims, demands, suits, at law or equity, actions, penalties, loss, damages, or costs, of whatsoever kind or nature, brought againstthe BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM arising out of, or in connection with, or incident to, the execution of this Agreement, and/or
APPLICANT’S performance or failure to perform any aspect of this Agreement; provided, however, that if such claims are caused by, or result from, the concurrent negligence of the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM or PORT OF BELLINGHAM, their agents, employees, and/or officers, these indemnity provisions must be valid and enforceable only to the extent of the negligence of the APPLICANT; and
Provided further, that nothing herein must require the APPLICANT to hold harmless or defend the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM, their agents, employees, and/or officers for damages or loss caused by the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, or PORT OF BELLINGHAM sole negligence.
The APPLICANT expressly agrees that the indemnification provided herein constitutes the contractor’s waiver of immunity under Title 51 R.C.W., for the purposes of this Agreement. This waiver has been mutually negotiated by the parties. The provisions of this section must survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
All food vendor booths will be located in the Parking Lot adjacent to the Squalicum Boathouse.
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 will showcase the healthy fish and seafood available in our regional waters. Please offer food items that reflect that focus. Menu items such as fish tacos, seafood chowder, fish kebobs, grilled fish, etc., will receive priority consideration.
- However, we want to present a variety of food items for attendees, therefore some non-seafood items will be offered (sandwiches, soups, BBQ, pizza, tacos, etc.). We encourage healthy, family-friendly, festival fare featuring local products when possible. If you have questions about local providers, please contact the Bellingham SeaFeast Management Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only menu items (at prices) listed on the Vendor Application may be sold at Bellingham SeaFeast 2017.
- Changes / Additions allowed only with pre-approval by the Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management Committee by August 18.
- You cannot rove to sell your food or merchandise.
- No alcoholic beverages, loud music, televisions, or hawking allowed within or in the vicinity of your booth.
- No menu items in glass containers.
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 reserves the right to restrict any activities that interfere with public access and/or event programming.
- You cannot advertise outside of your booth space, including use of rovers, flyers, or sandwich boards.
Sales Tax & Washington State UBI
- Each food vendor is responsible for collecting, reporting, and paying state sales tax to the State of Washington under Sales Tax Code #1714.
- Washington requires a UBI (Uniform Business Identifier).
- Booth structure and contents, including inventory, are your sole responsibility. Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, City of Bellingham, and Port of Bellingham assume no responsibility for injury to persons, or loss or damage to any property of the Vendor, including theft, accident, or acts of God.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on reputation and experience, menu, booth appearance, and past history of vending at festivals in the Pacific Northwest.
- Application and past participation in festivals does not guarantee acceptance.
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 reserves the right to refuse any application and to withdraw acceptance, in which case the vendor booth fees will be returned in full.
- Acceptance notifications will be mailed on or about July 28, 2017.
Set-up & Take-down
- Upon acceptance, vendors will be advised of the load-in time for Sept. 23. Set-up must be complete and vehicles removed from the Zuanich Point Park Parking Lot by 10:30 a.m. on Saturday , Sept. 23.
- Late arrivals must walk in their supplies.
- Load-out begins at 6:10 p.m. Vehicles can access as soon as the Bellingham Police Department declares the streets open.
- Vendors must provide booths, equipment, professionally-printed signs, and electrical cords.
- Handwritten signs are not allowed.
- Only the Booth Name, as stated on the application, is allowed on the booth signage.
- The Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 name, logo, and theme are trademarked. Any use must be pre-approved by the Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management.