Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 is a two-day event on Sept. 22 & 23 promising a setting of endless fun and the fabulous food fare of the surrounding bay and straits. Down by the Bay, Come Eat & Play!
Friday, Sept. 22, 5-11 p.m.
NEW! SeaFeed at the Square 5-8:30 p.m. (Buy Tickets): Dungeness crab, oysters and salmon at Depot Market Square. Plus, local craft beers and wines to complement your plateful of heaven.
FisherPoets-on-Bellingham Bay: Sea shanties, original poems, videos, and storytelling of life at sea happening at downtown breweries. Check FisherPoets-on-Bellingham Bay for details for each venue.
Saturday, Sept. 23, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Bellingham Bay (Zuanich Point Park/Squalicum Harbor)
2nd Annual “Skill-of-the-Grill” Salmon BBQ Grilling Championships: 10 teams compete for seafood industry judges. $800 in prizes for the Top 3. Register online. NEW! “People’s Choice” category– you taste the salmon and vote (tickets available soon).
NEW! Public Participation in Oyster Shuck & Slurp: How many can you down in 2 minutes? Registration available soon.
Commercial Fishing Activities in the active harbor of Bellingham Bay:
- Meet Your Fishermen: Dock walks, boat visits, knot-tying and net-mending demos, and much more.
- Demos: Learn to fillet, to crack crab, and to prepare your seafood.
- Harbor Boat Ride & Tour of Ice House and Fish-Processing Plant (tickets available soon): Limited-capacity trips to Bellingham Cold Storage. Sign-ups coming soon.
NEW! TASTE THE SEA – A Sustainable Seafood Experience (Buy Tickets): A sensational and informational SeaFeast display. Taste a wide variety of seafood delicacies sourced from world-renowned brands known for certified sustainable best practices in harvesting, processing, and distribution. Presented by Haggen Northwest Fresh, learn about what's on your plate, where it came from, health benefits, and how to prepare it.
Competitions: Survival Suit Races, Guess-the-Fish, XtraTuff Stomp, and Herring Toss.
- Lummi Nation Open-Pit Salmon: A centuries-old method. And other locally-produced seafood, produce, and the newest feature – watershed soup.
- Local Food Vendors: Food truck menus (seafood, BBQ, Mexican, and more).
- Brews-with-a-View: Locally crafted beer, ale, ciders, and wines in the seaside Beer Garden.
- Field of Fun & Explore Some More: Family-friendly, hands-on, educational, and interactive. Win prizes.
- Maritime Themed Art Walk: Featuring select Northwest artists.
- Main Stage – Live Music & Awards: Other musical activity, centered on sea shanties, all around the park and harbor.
Rescue at Sea: Conducted by the U.S. Coast Guard. Visit a Coast Guard cutter.
Marine Boating Displays and Tours: Kayak, Outrigger Canoes, SUPs, Steamboats, and more!