2018 Event Overview
Bellingham SeaFeast 2018 is a two-day event on Sept. 21 & 22 promising a setting of endless fun and the fabulous food fare of the surrounding bay and straits.
Eat. Play. Explore... And eat some more!
Friday, Sept. 21, 5-11 p.m.
Downtown Bellingham & Squalicum Harbor
Welcome Ceremony at Maritime Heritage Park Amphitheater
NEW! SeaFeed at the Harbor (tickets sales coming soon!): Served under a Big Top at Squalicum Harbor, crab or salmon dinner with sides.
SeaFeast Friday Night Downtown (ticket sales coming soon!): Celebrate our maritime culture through the arts – sea shanties, original poems, videos, choral performances, and storytelling of life at sea, at various venues.
Saturday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Bellingham Bay (Zuanich Point Park/Squalicum Harbor)
NEW! SeaFeed at the Harbor (ticket sales coming soon!): Served under a Big Top at Squalicum Harbor, crab or salmon dinner with sides. Additionally, local restaurants will serve more seafood dishes. Wines and local craft beers complement the meals.
3rd Annual “Skill-of-the-Grill” Salmon BBQ Grilling Championships (online registration coming soon!): Seafood industry judges rate three categories: Professional, Organization Team (civic club, government officials, etc.), and Family or Individual Team. Prizes for Top 3 in each. Or participate in "People's Choice" to taste and vote (ticketed).
Taste the Sea: A sensational tasting and demonstrations in the Boathouse, presented by Haggen Food & Pharmacy and featuring their major suppliers like Ocean Beauty, Alaskan Leader Seafoods, and more.
Brews with a View: Locally crafted beer, ale, ciders, and wines in the seaside Beer Garden.
Main Stage: Black Hawk Dancers and a variety of regional bands.
Commercial Fishing Activities in the active harbor of Bellingham Bay including:
- Meet Your Fishermen: Dock walks, boat visits, knot-tying and net-mending demos, etc.
- Food demos: Learn filleting, crab cracking, oyster shucking, and seafood prep.
- Harbor Boat Rides & Tours: Bellingham Cold Storage, All American Marine, and more.
- Explore Some More: Family-friendly, hands-on, educational, and interactive.
- Artists and Artisans: Maritime-themed art and crafts.
- Commercial vendors: Merchandise booths.
- Seafood Market: Seafood and alternative selections.
- Interactive Sponsor booths: Playful learning.
- 3rd Annual Survival Suit Races: Wriggle into a suit. Jump in. Swim like a maniac. Win the Golden Boot Award.
- 3rd Annual Oyster Shuck & Slurp: Team and Individual divisions. How many can you down in 2 minutes? A trophy and a trash can await you.
- Guess-the-Fish Species: OK, it’s a salmon…but what TYPE of salmon?
- “Walk the Plank”: Teams of two in fishermen’s work boots on the XtraTuf Stomp.
- Fish Toss: Pitch and catch. A slippery proposition, for sure.
Field of Fun: Hands-on, creative, maritime-themed activities for kids…and a few for adults, too.
Helicopter Rescue at Sea: By the U.S. Coast Guard. Also, visit a Coast Guard cutter.
Marine Recreational Boating Displays and Tours: Kayak, outrigger canoes, SUPs, etc.