2017 General VEndor Booth Guidelines
July 21: Application Deadline
July 28: Acceptance notification emailed
Aug 18: Booth Fee Due. Full payment is required to reserve a booth. Once you confirm your reservation with payment, it becomes non-refundable (no exceptions)
Sept 1: Notification Packet (Space Assignments and Set-up/Take-down Info) emailed to confirmed General Vendors
Sept 23: Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, Zuanich Point Park (11 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
You must submit a completed application by July 21, 2017 available online.
$100 for 10’ x 10’ booth. Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 takes zero percentage of your booth sales.
Certificate of Insurance
- VENDOR must procure and maintain for the duration of Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 (including setup and breakdown) insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property that arise from or in connection with the performance of the work hereunder by the VENDOR, their agents, representatives, employees, or subcontractors. VENDOR’S maintenance of insurance as required by the agreement will not limit the liability of the VENDOR to the coverage provided by such insurance, or otherwise limit the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM’s recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity. Insurance must be placed with insurers that have a current A.M. Best rating of not less than A:VII. Any payment of deductible or self-insured retention is the sole responsibility of the VENDOR.
- The VENDOR must provide a Certificate of Insurance and additional insured endorsement page(s) evidencing Commercial General Liability insurance written on an ISO occurrence basis form CG 00 01.
- Vendor must cover liability arising from premises, operations, property damage, independent contractors and personal injury and advertising injury, with limits no less than $1 million combined single limit per occurrence and $2 million aggregate.
- The BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM, and their officers, volunteers and agents must be named as an additional insured on the insurance policy, as respects actions performed by or on behalf of the VENDOR.
- A copy of the endorsement naming the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM as additional insured must be attached to the original Certificate of Insurance and provided to the Bellingham SeaFeast Management Committee no later than August 18, 2017. The Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management Committee reserves the right to request certified copies of any required insurance policies.
- The VENDOR’S insurance must contain a clause stating that coverage must apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, within the limits of the insurer’s liability. The VENDOR’S insurance must be primary insurance with respect to the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM; all must receive thirty (30) days prior written notice of any cancellation, suspension or material change in coverage.
Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 expects attendance of 7,000-10,000. We expect you to plan accordingly to accommodate the number of attendees between 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Electric power hookups are very limited and require an additional fee. We discourage the use of personal power sources, such as generators. If you require power we encourage silent generators. Remember to check the Power Needs section on your application form; power source fee is due by Aug. 18 (deadline for your booth reservation payment).
- All vendors are required to provide :
- Tent (10x10 canopy)-
- “Pop-up” style or similar in good condition. Absolutely no tarps or make-shift tents will be accepted.
- Tethering /Weighting of your tent/canopy is essential due to the winds at the Harbor. Contact Festival Management Team for specifics.
- No staking is allowed: The Port of Bellingham recommends water weights. Cement blocks also work, but experience tells us you will need more weight than you think.
- Never tie two booths together. Keep at least 1 foot between each tent.
- Tables, chairs, dollies, etc. to set-up/tear-down and display goods.
- Tent (10x10 canopy)-
- Water: Water is available inside The Boathouse for fill-ups. Dispose of all water in the Boathouse as well.
- Composting & Recycling: Bellingham SeaFeast is a “Towards Zero Waste Event”. Details will be sent in the Notification Packet emailed Sept. 1st.
- Please stay within your booth space – no side awnings, walkways, etc.
- If you are distributing food of any kind, you will need a permit from the Whatcom County Health Dept. (360-778-6000). The type of food you prepare determines the type of permit you need. Visit the WCHD website for details.
- If your product is in glass containers, please double-wrap the containers for the customer to avoid breakage of product in transport.
Hours of Operation
- Bellingham SeaFeast runs from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. All Vendors must be open during this time, Saturday, September 23, 2017.
- Booths must close promptly at 6 p.m.
- If you need to close before 6 p.m., you must wait until the event closes to begin taking down the booth. NO vehicles and trailers will be allowed in the food court area after 10 a.m. and from then until 6:10 p.m.
- Specifics regarding set-up times, parking for vendor vehicles, takedown, etc., will be emailed Sept. 1 as part of the Booth Assignment Packet.
Indemnity and Waiver
The APPLICANT must indemnify and hold Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, PORT OF BELLINGHAM and their agents, employees and/or officers, harmless from, and must process and defend at its own expense, any and all claims, demands, suits, at law or equity, actions, penalties, loss, damages, or costs, of whatsoever kind or nature, brought against the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM arising out of, or in connection with, or incident to, the execution of this Agreement, and/or
APPLICANT’S performance or failure to perform any aspect of this Agreement; provided, however, that if such claims are caused by, or result from, the concurrent negligence of the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM or PORT OF BELLINGHAM, their agents, employees, and/or officers, these indemnity provisions must be valid and enforceable only to the extent of the negligence of the APPLICANT; and
Provided further, that nothing herein must require the APPLICANT to hold harmless or defend the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST 2017, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, and PORT OF BELLINGHAM, their agents, employees, and/or officers for damages or loss caused by the BELLINGHAM SEAFEAST, CITY OF BELLINGHAM, or PORT OF BELLINGHAM sole negligence.
The APPLICANT expressly agrees that the indemnification provided herein constitutes the contractor’s waiver of immunity under Title 51 R.C.W., for the purposes of this Agreement. This waiver has been mutually negotiated by the parties. The provisions of this section must survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement
General Vendor booths will be located along the SeaFeast Wharf Main Street (South Harbor Loop Dr) spanning from the Sawtooth Dock to Squalicum Boathouse.
- You may not rove to sell your food or merchandise.
- No alcoholic beverages, loud music, televisions, or hawking allowed within or in the vicinity of your booth.
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 reserves the right to restrict any activities that interfere with public access and/or event programming.
- You may not advertise outside of your booth space, including use of rovers, flyers, or sandwich boards.
Sales Tax and Washington UBI
- Each vendor is responsible for collecting, reporting, and paying state sales tax to the State of Washington under Sales Tax Code #1714.
- Washington requires a UBI (Uniform Business Identifier).
- Booth structure and contents, including inventory, are your sole responsibility. Bellingham SeaFeast 2017, City of Bellingham, and Port of Bellingham assume no responsibility for injury to persons, or loss or damage to any property of the Vendor, including theft, accident, or acts of God.
- Your application will be evaluated based on reputation and experience, menu, booth appearance, and past history of vending at festivals in the Pacific Northwest.
- Application and past participation in festivals does not guarantee acceptance.
- Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 reserves the right to refuse any application and to withdraw acceptance, in which case the vendor booth fees will be returned in full.
- Acceptance notifications will be emailed on or about July 28.
Set-up and Take-Down
- Upon acceptance, vendors will be advised of the load-in time by September 1. Set-up must be complete and vehicles removed from the Zuanich Point Park Parking Lot by 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept 23.
- Late arrivals must walk in their supplies.
- Load-out begins at 6:10 p.m. Vehicles can access as soon as the Bellingham Police Department declares the streets open.
- All booths, vehicles and vendor debris must be removed from the Festival grounds by 8pm, Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017. If booth area is not left clean at the end of the Festival, vendor may be charged a $100 Booth Clean-Up Fee.
- Vendors must provide booths, equipment, professionally-printed signs, and electrical cords.
- Handwritten signs are not allowed.
- Only the Booth Name, as stated on the application, is allowed on the booth signage.
- The Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 name, logo, and theme are trademarked. Any use must be pre-approved by the Bellingham SeaFeast 2017 Management.